- Tuesdays – 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (Nursing and Counseling services)
- Wednesdays – 7:30 am to 11:30 am (Nursing services)
- Wednesdays – 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm (Counseling services)
- Thursdays – 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (Counseling services)
- Fridays – 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (Nursing services)
The Wellness Center staff will work with school staff, your child’s doctor/health care providers and families to keep children healthy, happy and ready to learn.
Services Provided by a Registered Nurse
- Height & Weight Measurement
- Vision Screening
- Hearing Screening
- Blood Pressure Check
- Health Risk Screening
- Minor Illness/Injury Care
- Health & Wellness Education
- Referrals to Community
- Agencies and Services
All nursing services and some mental health services are available to all students without charge.
Eligibility for Basic Service
All students at WSPA may receive basic Wellness Center services. No enrollment is necessary. Students will be provided services unless parents decline. Parents are notified when students receive Wellness Center services. All Wellness Center basic services are provided at no cost to the student or family. Services offered by the Wellness Center do not take the place or interfere with care received by a primary medical provider.
Eligibility for Mental Health Assessment & Treatment Services
Mental health assessment and treatment services are available on-site at the Wellness Center. The Wellness Center may bill some insurance plans for these mental health services. Billable mental health services will be provided only after a parent/guardian has completed paper work, including a written consent for billable mental health services.
Services Provided by a Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Basic Mental Health Services
(available to all students without charge)
- Screening for risk behaviors, learning problems and mental health issues
- Group counseling
- Networking and referral to community resources
- Classroom presentations and interventions
- Crisis counseling
Billable Mental Health Services
(parent must complete paperwork and sign consent before services are provided)
- Comprehensive mental health assessment
- Individual counseling
- Family counseling
Please call the Wellness Center for more information about mental health services.