We are open during school hours.
Medical appointments: 7:30am-1:30pm.
Nursing visits and mental health visits 7:30am-2:30pm.
Our commitment to you
- To provide high quality comprehensive pediatric and adolescent care
- To care for the whole person by addressing medical, social and behavioral needs
- To maintain a confidential relationship with students and families
- To deliver services in a pleasant, comfortable, courteous environment
- To provide students and families opportunities to participate in health center planning and decision making
Basic Services provided On Site
- Complete physical examinations
- sports exams
- wellness check-ups
- Medical care for illnesses and minor injuries
- Office laboratory services
- Mental health counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Dental screening and referral
- Health education and wellness activities
- Social work services
- Screening and counseling for health risks
- Management of school and behavioral problems
Off-Site Referrals to Local Health Care Providers
- Specialized medical and mental health services
- Dental care
- Vision exams/glasses
- Family planning services including contraceptives
- Pregnancy counseling
Appointments will be available Monday through Friday for all on-site services.
A registered nurse will be available to speak with you 24 hours daily. Call the Health Center at 336-703-4273 to speak to a nurse anytime you have a question about your child’s physical or mental health.
We serve all enrolled students, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. We will bill Medicaid or NC Health Choice and some private insurance plans and bill for co-payments as required. Students without insurance and students with some private insurance plans may or may not be charged, depending on family income. Call the Center for more information.
Eligibility for Services
All Mineral Springs Elementary School and Mineral Springs Middle School students are eligible to enroll for services at the health center. Students will be provided services if and only if parent(s)/guardian(s) have requested services and signed a written consent for the student to have access to all services of the Health Center. Families should bring insurance cards to enrollment.